Online training: what’s in it for me?
In this Reseller News Update:
- Online training puts you in control
- What does an online training course involve?
- Ready to take the next step?
Online training, also known as e-Learning or computer-based training, is the practical, cost-effective and sustainable solution to seafarer training today.
Online training puts you in control.
- You are in total control and choose when and where to follow the online course and take the exam. The course can easily fit around other work and personal commitments.
- You can tailor the course to suit your training needs by taking more or less time on certain topics.
- The exam can be taken when you feel ready, increasing your chance of passing.
- The online tool provides progress reports for you and your company, if required, which aids information sharing.
- You can feel good about taking an online course because it has a smaller carbon footprint than classroom training.
What does an online training course involve?
Online training requires a computer, laptop or tablet and access to the Internet. The training materials consist of online presentations, videos, case studies and scenarios. Some courses have a workbook with exercises for you to complete on board; putting the theories learned directly into practice. At the end of the course, there is a multiple-choice assessment, also taken online.
To ensure maximum accessibility Rood Boven Groen’s online training courses have low-resolution files requiring minimum data usage, which means you can take the course wherever you are in the world.
There’s so much online training on offer; how do I choose the best one for me?
Taking a training course requires time and investment. To get the most of your investment, you should consider the quality of the training materials and the acceptability of the certificate provided.
The Dutch Shipping Inspectorate (NSI) has approved Rood Boven Groen’s STCW online training, which means our certificates are certified under the Dutch flag (white list) and widely accepted. The course materials were developed using the IMO Model courses and our own experiences at sea. What’s more, we have nearly 20 years of experience in training seafarers at all levels.
Ready to make the next step?
Contact our team for an informal discussion about your training needs.